Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter egg hunting

We had a nice little easter egg hunt this year. The girls had been practicing collecting eggs and putting them in a basket for a few weeks. I was hoping that this would prevent them from smashing the hard boiled eggs. (It didn't work) They actually preferred the real eggs to the plastic ones and loved the sound as they cracked on the floor. Oh well, we had to break them open sometime. They are wearing their beautiful Easter dresses from Grandma Dalene. They also loved their little bunny rabbits from Grandma Marilyn and went straight for them as soon as they spotted them.


Elizabeth and Noelle smile at Uncle Jake making faces behind the camera.


"Here's an egg for us to share"


Noelle with an egg.


Noelle holding up an egg and Lizzy walking towards the camera

Here is a short video of the girls collecting eggs. This was taken after our real egg hunt which was earlier in the morning. Its too bad I didn't have the video camera out then because Noelle was covered in chocolate from a candy that she found.
The only word I can translate for you in this clip is Noelle saying "egg." When I was watching this video on the computer both girls started chirping in with their "gooley gool gooley" talk. I am not sure if this is their twin language or just the babblings of 15 month olds.

2 comments:

grandma jeannine said...

It's so fun to see those cute little toddlers with their easter eggs and baskets. Love you. GrandmaGreat

Doug & Mary Ann said...

Ha, they make me smile.

Mary Ann