Thursday, June 05, 2008

Eklutna Lake


Noelle snacking on goldfish


Jed holding Noelle and watching Indy in the creek


We took the girls on their first camping trip and were reminded of why we haven't been camping with our kids up until now. We went to Eklutna lake and it was absolutely breathtaking. We rented a small cabin that was nestled next to a creek and had beautiful lake and mountain views. We brought along Indy who ended up being the best behaved of the bunch. Actually, the twins did okay playing with leaves and walking along the beach but turned into little terrors when it came time to go to bed. They did not appreciate being away from their normal routine and to make matters worse we only had packed one crib. We tried to put them into the crib and that turned into WWF wrestling. I wish I had video of this because you would all laugh to see two little girls bundled up in fleece suits and mittens trying to tackle each other. They ended up going to sleep sometime around 1 AM or at least that is when I collapsed from exhaustion so I assume they stopped crying at that time. Despite their 18 month old behavior, they were still as cute as ever and it was fun watching them explore a new area. After a short nights sleep we packed up the gear and headed home. On the way home both the girls got car sick which really just sealed the deal for their dad, no more campouts with babies any time soon.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That is the funniest story Melis! I agree- babies are 'iffy' at best to take camping :0) That sounds like our weekend over memorial day. It was one of those outings that is still not quite funny, but we will laugh really hard one day I'm sure. :)
We have to introduce them to the outdoors somehow though right? even if we have to suffer a little bit :)
love,
linds