Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lilac Parade


On Saturday night I took Lizzy with me to the Spokane's lilac parade. I hardly ever take one girl without the other. The first few minutes in the car Liz kept asking "Where's Noey?" Apparently the lilac parade is REALLY popular....the paper said 150,000 people were there. Had I known that I probably would have stayed home. We had to walk quite a bit to get to the parade because I refused to pay the outrageous price of event parking. There were 4 rows of people in lawn chairs along the parade route in front of us. I was glad Jed didn't come because he hates big crowds.

Lizzy however, seemed fascinated by all the people watching. She loved it when the horses would trot by her and seemed to take every beauty pagent wave as a personal hello. She also liked the high school bands and dancers. She was good about pointing out the "soldiers" that passed by too.

No comments: