Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Jed's sheep hunt






Jed finally got his dall sheep. After years of preparation and research the boys were able to get the elusive full curl ram.
For full details on the hunt talk to Jed, he tells the tale better than I can. Like most hunting stories, it gets better each time.
I'll just say it involves getting dropped off with a bush plane, hiking 44 miles, eating close to 50 power bars and having the hunt of a lifetime.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow Jed, I don't know what to say. What are you going to do with the thing? I sound like a girl huh!
Well the twins looked really cute in the wedding reception pictures. They are really growing up. Are you guys still in Alaska? Wish I could come.
I drove through Spokane a week ago and thought about you guys. I was racing up to Alberta for a funeral. We will have to try and get together one of these days.
Love ya!
Jen

Becca said...

congrats on the success!

Anonymous said...

wow that is some curl on that sheep. way to so jed, and melissa also for the stress of a husband gone hunting. been their done that. love the pictures fo the girls.


love
grandma m

grandma jeannine said...

Congratulations Jed. I love all of the photos...your victory photo, the beautiful sheep shot, the sleeping bags under the tarp, but as your grandma, of course the one I like best is your adorable grin taken in the plane.

Lindsay said...

Wow Jeddie- I like the sleeping arrangments with the trekking poles- so you.
It was so awesome to see you for 5 minutes! But, I'm really glad you had a wonderful, amazing time out hunting :)linds