Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Speed trip to Seattle




This last weekend I took a quick trip accross the state to Seattle. I had a blast! I met my friend from high school Jenny there and we had a great time being tourists. We went to a cool scrapbooking store, PF. Changs, walked by the space needle. We also explored Pikes market. An interesting place to smell with a mix of fresh flowers, produce and seafood all wafting around in the air. I bought a bundle of fresh basal for a dollar that smelled so great in my bag all day. I am envious that this half of the state has tulips and daffodills blooming already.


While in town we just happened to find out that the Bodies Exhibition was going on. I had heard about this before and wanted to get a chance to see it. I guess some people would not enjoy looking at cadavers converted to plastic, but I found it fascinating. Having done dissection before, I could not believe how inticate the specimens were. The human body is amazing and I love learning more about it.
Special thanks goes to Jed for watching the girls while I was gone. I have such an awesome husband! While I was out he took the kids to the park, watched the Tinkerbell movie and kept the house standing. Great job!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

How great for you to get away and meet with a great friend...as for the "Bodies Exhibition", I saw that in New York City last summer and it was so AWESOME!

The Gibby Family said...

John and I took the kids to that exhibit when it was in SLC awhile back. Tyler thought it was awesome! How fun to get away for awhile!!

grandma jeannine said...

Great photos, Melissa. I am so proud of my grandson..keeping the home fires burning while you took a little break. We're spending mucho time in the apartment now while the bath off the family room downstairs is being remodeled as well as the kitchen upstairs. I surely do appreciate the cute curtains you put up down there. We love you all.