
So I made few changes to brighten it up.
"Tadah!" as Noelle would say, or as my mom would say "Shazam!"

Paint-changed the colors on the wall to neutral vanilla and tan to brighten the room and also so I don't have to repaint if we ever sell it. As you can imagine it took a few coats to cover up the blue.
Storage-added a $15 bookshelf
Totes- Made from cardboard boxes and the fun fabrics I found. This was by far the most painful part of the makeover since I accidentally sewed my finger with the sewing machine while making these. I had to have Jed dismantle the presser foot so I could extract the needle...eww.
Artwork-a simple painting with the girls initals, inside the black frames is artwork straight from pages of our favorite books.
Bulletin Board-made from some cork tiles I got from a garage sale last summer and covered with fun Amy Butler fabric.
mirror-cheap ikea mirror that I repainted a funky mod pattern
Curtains-actually made from a shower curtain
Lighting-Installed a new light fixture that fits 2 bulbs instead of just one dim one. (Yes, I did this myself.) Really makes a big difference in the room especially at night.
Here are the costs for the project:
Painting supplies $32
Curtains $14
Bookshelf $15
Fabric $25 (still have some left over for another project)
new light fixture-$10
The rest was used from what I had lying around.
Grand Total: $96
I am pretty pleased with how it all turned out.
We still have a "catch all" toybox in the corner of the room but now the girls have been doing a good job at puting things away in their new place. Most importantly the girls really like the new room and have been spending more time playing in there than they did in the cave.







5 comments:
Truly AMAZING and AWESOME!!!!!
I LOVE your fabric choices! What a fun place to play! Tell the girls I say hi!
wow, Design on a Dime - move over!!
You did a wonderful job, Melissa. You are so creative. Give hugs to the girls and J-Bob.
i love. it turned out great. what a difference paint and melissa's cleverness makes. good job.
love you guys
grandma m
Melissa you did such a fabulous job! I wish I could be as creative, my house is still so boring and empty after almost a year! I'll have to get some pointers and ideas when you're up here.
Post a Comment