Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mothers Day



I'm so lucky to be a mom to two of the sweetest girls on earch. Elizabeth and Noelle bring so much joy to my life. I love their constant flow of energy and enthusiasm for life. Although, It is often times hard for me to keep up with them I'm glad to be along for the ride. Thanks girls!
Here we are sporting our VonTrap style dresses and skirt. I call my skirt the algebra skirt because I made up the pattern myself using algebra to figure out the size of each of the panels. I think this is the first time I have used this type of math since I finished college. So stay in school kids, you never know when years later you will want to make yourself a skirt and will actually need to solve a multi-variable equation.

7 comments:

Krystal said...

The only word that comes to mind is "WHEEEEEEEEE!" (Said like Lisel whilst spinning around.) Very cute dresses and girls! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

you are so clever. it is fun to sew and have it turn out so cute. nice job.

that was a nice tribute to Hazel. it makes me cry just to think of how we all will miss her.

love
grandma m

Leslie said...

Girl, you ROCK!!! I loved the dresses and the skirt you made when I saw them at church...too bad we didn't get to see the bows but you're amazing!

Lindsay said...

They are so Gorgeous!
Go you Melis

:)
Linds

grandma jeannine said...

I can't believe how much the girls have grown since I saw them last. They're so pretty...and I love your matching outfits.

The Gibby Family said...

You never cease to amaze me!! What cute cute dresses, where did you find the time to do that?

Lisa Weight said...

What's the formula? In case I ever need to use it. :)
The girls are adorable. I just want to scoop them up and start singing, "The hills are alive!"
You are a wonder, Melissa! See you soon - Love Lisa