I have been a blogger slacker lately. Life is busy but I still wish I would take a little bit more time to chronicle our happenings for our faithful website followers to read.
The short of it: Life is good
Jed has been on a 6 day a week rotation and had to work a solid 2 weeks in order to sneak in an interview trip to Anchorage. The interviews went well but we are waiting until the new year and another interview to make a final decision. He will working nights for the next month so hopefully that will pass quickly.
The girls and I joined the YMCA and have been enjoying getting a chance to exercise now that the weather has turned cold and wet. The girls love swimming and normally have the pool to themselves during the day when we go.
Noelle cut her hair again. I guess she thought that she needed some layers to go with her butch bangs. After all my hair cutting lectures. Sometimes I feel Charlie Brown's mom....whhaaaaaa whaa whaa whuh wa. Are they understanding anything I say?
The other day the girls requested "meat sandwiches" for lunch so we went to the drive through at Arbys. The lady asked if I wanted any sauces. I told her I would like Arbys and Horsey (Arby and horseradish).
The girls started giggling in delight "BARBIES AND HORSEYS!!!!, WE are going to get Barbie and horsey toys." There were really disappointed when I explained to them that all we were getting were little packets of sauce.
We took a little trip to Seattle to see Hayley and Jessie. We visited the Pacific Science Center which was really neat. They have a Harry Potter exhibit there that had a lot of the original movie costumes for the movies. They didn't allow photographs there though, which was lame. I was really hoping to try on the Hagrid suit, which was HUGE.
Lizzy and Noey loved the butterfly exhibit with over 2000 butterflies flittering about.
It was really neat. They grabbed a few field guides and were surprisingly apt at picking out the correct butterfly on the guide.
While in Seattle area we stayed with Erin Rivard and her family. They have such a cute home and are stocked with the entire Barbie DVD collection, which Noelle and Elizabeth loved. Before we drove home we stopped by a cool park by the ocean. We found a few small shells and a big jellyfish along the beach. Noelle wrote her name in the sand (first picture) which I was really impressed with. We had a fun time, but we wished the ride home was a little shorter.
The short of it: Life is good
Jed has been on a 6 day a week rotation and had to work a solid 2 weeks in order to sneak in an interview trip to Anchorage. The interviews went well but we are waiting until the new year and another interview to make a final decision. He will working nights for the next month so hopefully that will pass quickly.
The girls and I joined the YMCA and have been enjoying getting a chance to exercise now that the weather has turned cold and wet. The girls love swimming and normally have the pool to themselves during the day when we go.
Noelle cut her hair again. I guess she thought that she needed some layers to go with her butch bangs. After all my hair cutting lectures. Sometimes I feel Charlie Brown's mom....whhaaaaaa whaa whaa whuh wa. Are they understanding anything I say?
The other day the girls requested "meat sandwiches" for lunch so we went to the drive through at Arbys. The lady asked if I wanted any sauces. I told her I would like Arbys and Horsey (Arby and horseradish).
The girls started giggling in delight "BARBIES AND HORSEYS!!!!, WE are going to get Barbie and horsey toys." There were really disappointed when I explained to them that all we were getting were little packets of sauce.
We took a little trip to Seattle to see Hayley and Jessie. We visited the Pacific Science Center which was really neat. They have a Harry Potter exhibit there that had a lot of the original movie costumes for the movies. They didn't allow photographs there though, which was lame. I was really hoping to try on the Hagrid suit, which was HUGE.
Lizzy and Noey loved the butterfly exhibit with over 2000 butterflies flittering about.
It was really neat. They grabbed a few field guides and were surprisingly apt at picking out the correct butterfly on the guide.
While in Seattle area we stayed with Erin Rivard and her family. They have such a cute home and are stocked with the entire Barbie DVD collection, which Noelle and Elizabeth loved. Before we drove home we stopped by a cool park by the ocean. We found a few small shells and a big jellyfish along the beach. Noelle wrote her name in the sand (first picture) which I was really impressed with. We had a fun time, but we wished the ride home was a little shorter.
4 comments:
Your blog is beautiful, Melissa. Thank you for posting pictures and recording all the crazy, funny and heart-warming stories! We love them! (And all of you.)
Oh Noey girl. :) I love the Arby's story. Remember the time we went and the lady was mad and was like "YOU WANT ARBY SAUCE??? YOU WANT HORSEY SAUCE???" and proceeded to throw handfuls of packets on the counter? haha We're SOOOOO Excited to have you come! Every time my mom talks about Christmas she thinks of something she needs to buy or do before the girls get here! :) We even bought sky lanterns!
I'm also impressed with Noey's sand writing. It's so cool that you do so many things to give the girls many different experiences. I love you all.
Awesome as always Melissa...those photos rock!!! As for Harry Potter's exhibit, how lame you couldn't take pictures!!! I want to see!!!! I'm gearing up for next Friday...is everything lined up on your end!!!
Post a Comment