Saturday, July 14, 2012

San Diego

San Diego is one of the places in the world where I could visit over and over again and I would still jump at the opportunity to go back.   I love the proximity to the ocean, the colorful burst of bougainvilleas cascading over fences and the sides of overpasses.  I love the salty sea air smell and the abundance of fun places to walk to and shop.  This visit was a little different because we were mostly trapped on the military base while we were there due to no military ID.  Fortunately, it was a beautiful place to be trapped.  Our room had a fantastic view of the ocean and was just steps from a white sand beach that seemed to have an endless number of small shells for Noey and Lizzy to collect.  We did manage to go to the Mormon Batallion exhibit, Point Loma tidepools and see the San Deigo zoo while we were there.  The weather was uncharacteristically cold for So Cal but it still felt good.  We braved the Pacific ocean a few times and got to see dolphins splashing in front of us while we were attempting to body surf.  It was nice to see a lot of Jed's family that we don't see very often and catch up with relatives.



 Noey at Seaport village
 Liz looking at the tide pools


Finn is such a cute little guy.











 The San Diego Zoo is always a treat.  Zoos are never the same from day to day.  You never know what animals are going to be out.  We got quite a show from a polar bear on the day we were there.  He was diving underwater playing with a giant bone and giving all the tourists a treat. 
Out of the 30 plus shots of all the Weight grandkids, this was the best I could come up with and lets just say there were a few tears shed to get this one.  Gotta love family photos.











1 comment:

Lisa Weight said...

Great photos, Melissa! I loved this trip - the zoo, the tidepools, Disney, family and sunshine. Can't wait to do it again!