Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dreaming of warmer weather.

You know how I said it got warmer?  Well then it got colder.  Really cold....and when someone from Fairbanks says REALLY cold they mean it.  It was 49 below zero on Sunday and with that came frozen pipes to our kitchen sink.  Thankfully nothing broke and we were able to eventually thaw things out.

When it is this cold it zaps the moisture out of the air.  The girls have to lather up in lotion to prevent their "dragon skin."  The parking lots are filled with idling cars.  Our car squeels when it when it goes above 30 mph.  The kids have to bring their coat with them to gym class just in case of a fire.  They have recess inside only if it is 20 below or colder.  I am pretty sure most places in the world don't have recess at 19 below.

So lately I have surfing the web to find out where to surf the ocean in Maui.  I am so glad that we are going back.   I made a video from our trip last year and never got around to posting it.  (takes way too long to upload) So here is a video of our trip from last year.

Video of our 2012 trip to Maui


2 comments:

Matt Kearl said...

That is so funny. I hope you guys are doing ok up north. It makes me laugh to hear how cold it is up there.

Lisa Weight said...

Oh, I can't wait to go! Thanks for posting the link to your cool video. I hope you are having a fantastic vacation.