Pictures from birthday week at our house. Noelle came up to me and asked for some fabric to make Jed a present. She picked out this purple sequins fabric that was leftover from the mermaid costumes. I thought to myself "this is gonna be good." Although, it was not as funny as a merman suit would have been the birthday flag that they constructed was very cute and definitely scores huge points on thoughtfulness and originality for a birthday gift. They also made a very colorful "under the sea" cake for me, which tasted great and we managed to keep away from Indy.
A limited selection of our Easter festivities. We decorated eggs. I accidentally cracked most of them when I was draining the water out of the pan. Thankfully the girls were hungry for hard-boiled eggs and managed to eat 4 fleshly dyed eggs a piece that night. We used the good old fashioned dye tablets which always do a good job dying eggs, hands and hair too.
Pictures of the girls dog mushing. You don't get to do that in Hawaii...or most places really. The sled behind them had a runaway dog pack that almost collided with the kids sled. This woman came fast around the corner being dragged on her belly. Luckily the other racers were able to get her team calmed down. It didn't really instill confidence in me and the other parents putting their kids in sleds but fortunately Noey and Liz had a smooth ride. The girls had the advantage over the poor little boy who sat down first who was pretty much squished by the pink coat twins. If you enjoy where's waldo books, challenge yourself to spot him in the pictures. (He is in the top 3 pictures) There was also a bunch of other activities and booths set up that the kids enjoyed. It cracked me up that they had the dog park toys set up, which I thought would be for the dogs, but instead seemed to be a huge draw for the kids.
Makeovers. Yeah. Don't really know if I need to comment on this one. What can I say? Noelle and Liz love to do makeovers to each other and themselves. The funny thing is that they really think their makeup is great. They look to our reactions to gauge how well they have done. I try to explain that they are beautiful and do not need any makeup. I don't have the heart to tell them their makeup techniques may be better suited for zombie apocalypse movies.




1 comment:
I love the fun photos and the excellent commentary. What a happy life you and Jed are creating with our beautiful little grand daughters. We love you all very much!
Post a Comment