Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Grade and the purple cast

 So begins 1st grade.  This year the girls are in different classes which has been a bit of an adjustment but seems to be working out okay.
Noelle said her first day of school was "AWESOME".....until she learned that Liz had 2 recesses for her first day and then she began to cry saying that it was "the WORST day ever."


I tried to snap a few 1st day of school photos but didn't get many with Liz smiling (which is unusual normally I try to get her to tone down a cheesy grin when I take her picture.)


This is Liz with her new purple cast and her cute smile.  She broke her left radius when she was trying to get out of a truck door.  (the truck was parked and they were playing hide and seek)...for more details ask Liz when she tells a long story about hide and seek with cousin Hannah and being the counter and then ends with ...."and then I fell out of the truck and broke my arm."
Overall I am amazed at how well she has handled this injury.  It hasn't slowed her down much.  She said "It's okay mom, that hand doesn't draw very well, I still have my good drawing hand."

When we went to get is cast today Noelle slipped on her sister's old splint while Liz was getting an xray.  The doctor walked in and thought that Noelle was the one with the broken bone.  Noelle just giggled and giggled at her parent-trap type switcheroo.

I'm glad she likes the cast because she'll have this one for 3 weeks and then a slightly smaller one for another 3 weeks after that.

No comments: