



On Saturday we took the girls up Mile Hi saddle. It was a beautiful hike and the mountain was covered with tons of wildflowers. We got to the top of the saddle and was looking for a place to feed the babies when Jed stopped suddenly because there was a GRIZZLY BEAR right in front of our path. All I saw was a flash of brown disappear into the shrubs. That was all I needed to see in order to turn around and head back down the mountain. Jed, on the other hand, was confident that the bear was gone and wanted to press forward. I was not about ready to sacrifice my babies as bear bait...our dog maybe, but not the babies so I continued down the hill. Just a minute later I turn around to see a grizzly bear running towards us. He stops and stands up on his back legs as if he is evaluating his next meal. I began to yell, clap my hands and wave my hat in the air trying to scare him away. The bear apparently decided he wasn't hungry and turned and ran up the hill. The first photo is of the bear running away. So the other photos are of us on the day of our potential bear mauling. I think next time we will bring our bear spray with us.
2 comments:
Melissa,
That is scary. I think I would freak out if a bear was that close. I'm really glad he wasn't hungry!! The girls are as beautiful as ever. I love the picture of Jed!
Love Jen
www.ericandjenarecute.com
Wow! What a story to tell your girls when they are older! Glad you were all safe. Love you! GrandmaGreat
Post a Comment