The city of Spokane had a snow day today. I feel partially responsible because last week I was hoping we could get a little snow on the ground for Christmas. My wish was granted. It broke the record for the amount of snow in a 24 hour period (19 inches). We have about 2 feet of new fluffy powder in our part of town. The pictures above are pretty much the snow that happened in a day. The police closed the roads last night and have asked people not to go out. It has been kinda fun getting to see our whole neighborhood outside shoveling and shoveling and then shoveling some more. Normally it seems like everyone is so busy they don't go outside but it has been kinda fun to see everyone playing in the snow. I used the day to make a batch of soup, cookies and bread. It looks like I'll have my white Christmas after all.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Snow Day
The city of Spokane had a snow day today. I feel partially responsible because last week I was hoping we could get a little snow on the ground for Christmas. My wish was granted. It broke the record for the amount of snow in a 24 hour period (19 inches). We have about 2 feet of new fluffy powder in our part of town. The pictures above are pretty much the snow that happened in a day. The police closed the roads last night and have asked people not to go out. It has been kinda fun getting to see our whole neighborhood outside shoveling and shoveling and then shoveling some more. Normally it seems like everyone is so busy they don't go outside but it has been kinda fun to see everyone playing in the snow. I used the day to make a batch of soup, cookies and bread. It looks like I'll have my white Christmas after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We are wishing for a white Christmas but I don't think we'll have our wish granted. It was 77 degrees today - Keith and the kids were wearing shorts and t-shirts!
It just doesn't feel like Christmas time without the snow...we'll just look at your beautiful pictures of the snow and it will have to suffice!~
Lisa
thats a lot of snow. you could loose the girls in it. mailed your wmas. hope it gets their in time. it is not wrapped. you know me and how i love to wrap.
grandma m
help
what hapened to the sidelines where it lists the rest of the bloggers. i am lost without them.
grandma m again
Post a Comment