Friday, January 23, 2009

the dreaded day has come



I knew crib escape was inevitable, but I was hoping the day would not come. This video show the girls using the pack and plays like a peice of gymnastics equipment. (*Also notice the quilt half torn off the wall in the background) In addition to the new church time conflicting with nap time, potty training, and now the ability to escape, nap time and bed time has turned back into a nightmare. I guess it is time to get toddler beds and hopefully we can get back into some sort of routine that doesn't involve screaming, demanding to eat crackers, false alarms of "poopoo" to get out of nap time, and skipping nap time all together. I am not ready to give up the naps. That is the only time of the day when I actually feel productive and can clean, pay bills, make things, fix the things broken that day, talk on the phone, etc. The rest of the day I'm just spinning my wheels trying to keep up with my two litte tornados.

4 comments:

the firths said...

Liam also cries 'poop' far too often at bedtime. Glad he's not the only one. You could always just build a lid- or maybe hook up some motion-detected squirt guns to act as a deterrent or something.

grandma jeannine said...

We sure do love those two little tornadoe...especially their joyful laughter. As always, thanks for posting. Love you!

Lindsay said...

Oh Melis-
Yeah, good luck with that :) Even if they won't nap, I like to insist on a quiet time (for mommy) :)
We LOVE YOU!
Aunt Lindsay

Lisa Weight said...

Just call them Houdini One and Houdini Two, right? They sure are darling little escape artists. They get cuter every post. Take Care,
Love,
Grandma Lisa