Thursday, June 17, 2010

another great chair makeover





Okay so here's another of my makeovers. I have always thought that little kids club chairs are so cute. They have one at target that I like but I couldn't bring myself to pay $60 for a kids chair.

When I was at the Liberty Lake garage sales with my friend Priscilla and I snagged this chair for 5 bucks. My initial plan was just to do a slip cover it but when I looked closer at the chair the fabric was pretty stained so I decided to gut it and reupholster it.
It took a really long time, and about 200 staples not to mention it ruined my nails but in the end I am really pleased with how it turned out. It is a black Naugahyde that should resist spills and not statically attract indy hair. I was going to do it in a zebra print but resisted the urge and went with something a little more neutral.

what do ya think?

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Melissa, you seriously ROCK!!! This came out so GREAT!!!!! I love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you are my hero!!

Lauri

Anonymous said...

Way to go Melissa! I am proud of you - even though you think pigs can fly!

:) Grandma M

Lindsay said...

it's darling melis, WE love it
:) Kids chairs are the cutest
linds

Carrie said...

Wow again. You're good.

the firths said...

that chair rocks! very impressive!

grandma jeannine said...

Melissa, you are amazing. It turned out so cool. Love you!