We had a terrific thanksgiving this year. We held it at our house and had our friends the Whitmores over. Of course this involved stuffing ourselfs with the old favs like turkey, cranberry relish, sweet potatos, frog eye salad, peanut butter pie. And some wonderful rolls, green bean salad and lets not forget the pumpkin pie, which seemed to taste much better than when I make pumpkin pies. You can tell the food was good by the fact that my kids actually ate it. Above is the girls sitting at the "kids"table. Unfortunatley, I am a goof ball and didn't break my camera out when we had guests so I don't have any photos of the great food or company.
Truth be told, I think I had more fun decorating the table than I did making the food. I hung leaves from our light and then used my mock-pottery barn Mayflower centerpeice (constructed out of cereal boxes, fabric scraps, dowells, pencils and a lot of tape). Then for place holders I made little ships with our names stamped on the sails. 
This is Lizzy's turkey she made at pre-school. Ditto Liz, except the Dora part, I share no fondness for that explorer. Also I think there was a "my dad" feather that fell off somewhere. We are so truly blessed and have so much to be thankful for.
3 comments:
Your table looks AMAZING! But I have one burning question.... Did you carve the cranberries like a turkey? That's my favorite part. :)
You are so clever, Melissa! We are so thankful for you, Noelle, Elizabeth and J-Bob. You are an important part of our lives and we love you!
Indie made the List but not jed, better luck next year
Post a Comment