Saturday, May 14, 2011

Coolest baby shower ever

















Today I got to help out with my friend Rachel's baby shower. Rachel is an amazing mom of 2 boys and is going to be having a girl. So to help her introduce a little more pink in their family we threw her a owls and birdies baby shower to match the bedding that she had for her nursery. It turned out fabulous! It was a team effort with a lot of talented ladies and the end result was a shower that had the guests saying "wow."




Menu:


Spinach salad-oh so yummy


Rice Curry Salad


Fruit kabobs


Cream puffs-(what is a party without cream puffs?)


Oreo truffles-these turned out kinda crazy but tasted good


rolls


lofthouse cookies and cupcakes-another of my favorite-thanks Ronae


A candy bar: self serve candy station-this turned out really cute and we had enough for unlimited refills and then lots to spare.




The thing I really loved about this shower was that we used a lot of things that we already had around the house or knew someone we could borrow from. I was able to give Rachel the decorations afterwards so she can use it for her nursery ie: owl book ends, owl stuffed animal and bird houses.


Rachel got some really cute shower gifts and I cant wait to see this little girl decked out in all her cute outfits.


Special thanks to all those who helped. It is amazing what you can come up with when you combine a group of talented women! Leslie thanks for all of your efforts on the invites and candy and expenses. Ronae, you are oozing with talent and seem to have access to an amazing amount of party supplies and a great eye for how things go together. Priscilla and Becky thanks so much for your help with set up and clean up. Thanks to Lorianne for the kabobs, thank you cards and plates.


6 comments:

Leslie said...

My goodness Melissa...you ROCK....you have already post the baby shower we just had couple of hours ago....and I completely agree that it was amazing shower, not only for the person we're honoring but that we able together and share our talents to make this the COOLEST baby shower ever!!!

Anonymous said...

When I have a baby I want a Baby Shower=)

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is your Mom, Leslie

Katherine Udy said...

so cute! I love the theme

the firths said...

Wow! You never cease to amaze.

Anonymous said...

wait a second...is that a "round ruffle" in the first pic hanging on the door? Is G'ma Marilyn at your house?!

~Lisa