This past weekend we went camping at Otto Lake in Healy. It was definitely an adventure. The mosquitos were out in full force. I never realized how thankful I am for hands to swat bugs, poor Indy kept getting bit on his nose and couldn't do much about it. His sole defense seemed to be to jump in the lake and then roll around in the mud (much to the dislike of our kids). He looks like a chocolate lab when he does this.
We rented a canoe which slowly filled with water as we paddled along after 40 minutes there was a good 6 inches of water in the bottom of the boat and the girls were soaked. Afterwards the kids jumped off the dock for a half hour until their chattering teeth reminded them that it was time to stop.
View of our campsite from the lake. It was a pretty secluded campground which was great.
The next morning we packed up camp, got our church clothes on and went to church in Denali. I had to teach a YW lesson for branch conference.
Then we drove home through amidst construction and a wildfire. Gotta love summer in AK.


2 comments:
I love the lake jumping pic!
Excited to see you guys soon!
What a fun adventure for all of you! We missed you at Yellowstone...
Post a Comment